Total Pageviews

Friday 2 May 2014

Poem by Heather

I skulked down the stairs in the dead of night,
The creaking floorboards presented a fright.
I slinked into the kitchen,
Then slipped[61]  onto the floor,
“Oh my God, that stupid door!”
I got back on my feet,
And searching for a midnight treat,
My eyes found the cupboard.
I smiled with glee.
My hand gripped the handle,
And when I opened the cupboard door,
I squealed in delight!
 It was filled with cookies, chocolate and sugary sweets,
 So I grabbed all could and sat in the corner to eat,
All of a sudden the lights flicked on,
As by the door a pair of livid eyes shone…


3 comments:

  1. I love your poem and it makes perfect sence and you also have amazing punchuation. My best part is well all of it .kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Heather! To compose this in such a short space of time, excellent! Good description, rhyming too! Just remember to read through for any missing words. Mrs. Weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic poem, well done, I love the descriptive language.

    ReplyDelete

Comments can be made by selecting 'anonymous' from the drop down menu. However, please add your name at the end of the comments box as we like to know who our comments come from.